If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the best folding camping table is, then we recommend the Timber Ridge Portable Camping Table as the best one.
If you ask me, camping tables are often overlooked in outdoor situations, when in reality, they are very functional and highly convenient. You would be surprised by how many times you actually could use a camping table while out in nature.
I never realized how much I needed one until I bought it, and now I’ll never turn back. Let me share some of my experiential findings with you!
In this article, we’re going to review the following tables:
- REDCAMP Small Folding Camping Table
- ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table
- Kalili Ultralight Aluminum Portable Folding Camping Table
- GCI Large Outdoor Compact Folding Camping Table
- Timber Ridge Portable Roll-Up Folding Camping Table
Benefits of a Camping Table
You may be wondering: What exactly would I use a camping table for? I wondered the same thing. Now I know that there are many uses, and I’ll tell you what they are.
A Place to Gather
Generally, when you think of a gathering on a camping trip, your mind probably shoots straight for the campfire. You wouldn’t be wrong in this assumption; however, campers don’t just sit around fires all day long.
It’s often too hot during the day to really relax around a fire. Some people might like to use a fire to cook breakfast or lunch, but in my experience, I have found it gets too uncomfortable during higher temperatures.
This is where the camping table comes in handy.
With a camping table, you have more flexibility for gathering and sitting together. Sure, go ahead and cook your breakfast over the fire. But when those eggs and bacon are finished, bring your plate around the folding table for an interactive meal with your friends or family.
A Surface for Activities
You would be surprised at how difficult it can be to find a clean, flat surface in the woods. Some campgrounds may be equipped with picnic tables, but those that are a little rougher don’t have anything.
A flat surface is convenient for several things. As I mentioned above, it’s great for meals. Additionally, you can use a folding table for things like games and cards.
If you are camping with children, you may find that a table is better for them to play with toys on. The table keeps them up off of the ground and will make their toys less dirty. If you have planned any kind of crafts for them to do, the flat, clean surface of the table will make them a lot easier.
A folding table can also make navigation less frustrating and more productive. With a flat surface, you can lay out a map nicely and mark out your route. In the same way, you can use the table to write or draw.
Folding camping tables do just what their name suggests: they fold! Because of this fact, they are much more convenient to pack than regular tables. Their convenience ensures they are not an added burden to your trip, but rather a small, lightweight item that makes things easier and more comfortable.
These kinds of tables won’t take up much space, because when they fold, they get smaller. Most of them feature carrying handles so you can easily move them around like a briefcase.
What to Look For
Since you will be using this table outdoors, it wouldn’t be a surprise if you really aren’t too concerned about the materials of the table itself. You’re using it for camping, therefore it is bound to get beat up and dirty. However, if you’re an avid camper like me, you may want to invest in a quality constructed product that’s going to give you the best bang for your buck.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Weight: Remember that when camping, whatever you pack you have to carry. A folding table is no exception. A lightweight table will put you more at ease and make your life a whole lot easier when it comes time to move all your gear.
- Materials: One of the best materials you can have in a quality folding camping table is aluminum. Aluminum is sturdy and durable, but it won’t weigh you down as much as other materials might.
- Ease of Use: The fact that you have chosen camping as a vacation as opposed to a tropical beach says that you are ready to rough it and put in work. However, that doesn’t mean you should have to put in extra work with everything. Choosing a table with a quick and easy setup lets you focus on the bigger aspects of camping, like setting up your tent and not getting lost.
- Size: What you should look for depends on how big your camping party is. A couple going camping will require much less room than a family of four or six. My advice for this is just to be mindful of the amount of space you will need.
Let’s dive into the fun part now. I have compiled a short but high-quality list of what I think are the best folding camping tables out there. Take a look; maybe you will find a camping table that you can bring along on your next outdoor adventure.
REDCAMP’s Small Folding Table is available in a 3-foot option, making it perfect for camping with two to four people. With adjustable height, you can set this table to be low at 15 inches or high at a max of 27.6 inches. Use it for adults or children.This table is made from aluminum, giving it a light weight of just 9.3 pounds. The materials are waterproof and stain resistant for heavy duty use and durability.
It folds in the middle into a convenient carrying size, featuring a sturdy handle with a comfortable grip. This product is recommended for versatile use, meaning you can bring it camping, but you can also use it at parties, inside, at the beach, at concerts, and more.
- Sturdy aluminum materials
- Lightweight for carrying
- Convenient and comfortable carrying handle
- Compact folding size
- Quality construction
- Good size for use inside large tents
- Adjustable height
- Too short for large games boards, large space activities, etc.
The ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table is far from what you would expect from your run-of-the-mill camping table, but certainly not in a bad way. This uniquely designed camp table folds much like a camping chair with the four corners pushing inward. This design gives you a more compact product for easy packing and carrying.At the same time, setup is easy and fast – just pull the four corners out and buckle into place.
With this table comes two different functional levels. The top level is a flat surface you can use for meals, games, and more. Underneath is an extra storage level that also features convenient cups holders.
Weighing just 7 pounds, you will have no trouble carrying this table around. It comes in a nice khaki color with the option of a checkerboard-style tabletop.
- 600D polyester fabric is strong and durable
- Adjustable buckle and strap system for precise setup
- Features storage and cup holder pockets
- Quick and easy setup
- Convenient shoulder carrying bag
- Easy to clean
- The top surface is not solid like a traditional table
Although this table is on the small size, it makes this list because it is perfect for single or double person use. At just 12.4 inches high, the Kalili Ultralight Folding Camping Table is super portable and very convenient. It weighs just 2 pounds but can support up to 20 pounds.The folding design fits nicely into an included carrying bag for easy packing, storing, and moving.
The table is made from anodized aluminum with an aluminum roll top. This ensures the table will last and resist damage while remaining ultra-lightweight.
- Low cost
- Easy to setup
- Very lightweight
- Included carrying bag is convenient
- Very sturdy for its weight
- Very small for more than one person
- Cross bars reduce leg room
- Does not include instructions
The “large” version of the GCI Outdoor Compact Folding Camping Table may sound too big to take camping, but its just as compact and convenient as the smaller version. This camping table seats four people comfortably, measuring 24.8 x 25 x 28.2 inches fully open. It weighs 6.2 pounds and is highly portable and functional.The easy setup is stable and supports up to 60 pounds of weight, making it perfect for meals, cooking, or games.
This is an aluminum folding table, which keeps it lightweight but also makes it durable and long-lasting. It comes in one piece with no complicated construction.
- Sturdy construction
- Very lightweight
- Larger size suits up to four people comfortable
- Compact for packing and storage
- High-quality materials
- Easy to set up
- No adjustability – only one locking height
- Tabletop does not lock in place
- Narrow base makes it easy to tip over
The Timber Ridge Portable Camping Table measures 27.5 x 27.5 x 27 inches, making it the perfect size for four people to use very comfortably. Even at this larger size, the table still only weighs 9.4 pounds.With the ability to completely disassemble quickly and easily, this table is highly portable and fits nicely into an included carrying bag. The bag is divided into two sides, one for the table legs and one for the top. This feature is great for organizing. Easy to carry, the bag features a comfortable and convenient shoulder strap.
The top of this table is made from aluminum, making it very sturdy and durable while remaining lightweight. The high crossbars stabilize the table and leave you with plenty of leg room beneath.
Easy instructions help you assemble your table in under a minute, saving you time for more fun activities.
- Plenty of room for chairs
- Lots of tabletop space
- Organized and convenient carry bag
- Simple assembly and disassembly
- Sturdy and durable
- Compact and slim storage
- Good for uses other than camping
- Messy clean-ups can be difficult
It seems that I have, as they say, saved the best for last in this case. The Timber Ridge Portable Camping Table is such a great choice for any camper. In fact, the only person I wouldn’t recommend it for is someone who plans on doing a lot of hiking, as this may be too big to lug around.
However, for the everyday camper, this is an excellent selection.
Once set up, this table offers a comfortable amount of space for anywhere from one to four people. Its height lets you fit chairs under it, and it’s very stable. The top is made from aluminum, so you know it’s going to last. At the same time though, it’s very lightweight.
The carrying bag keeps all the part organized and makes it super easy to carry around. Even though there are multiple parts to put together, this table is still very easy to assemble.
At a great price, I can say with confidence that you’ll be very happy with this purchase.